Boarding RulesThe boarding house of KSA follows ethos, tradition, culture and values which are blended very well with modern technology and international outlook. Our aim is to provide a home away from home. We hope and expect the parents, students and staff to follow some rules strictly to facilitate the smooth functioning of the school and ensure a disciplined, safe and comfortable environment for your children. The following rules must be noted and followed with immediate effect.
1. Students must follow the rules laid down pertaining to moral, emotional and spiritual faculties. They are very much essential for maintaining a productive academic environment.
2. Bullying or ragging in any form (verbal, physical and emotional) will not be tolerated. The student must not be in possession of any kind of cigarette, beer, alcohol, gutkha, drugs, adult/porn disks or any type of undesirable item. Any ammunition/arms/knife/sharp, harmful items will not be allowed. If found with any of these items the student will be expelled from the school.
3. All the students in the boarding house are under the overall charge of Boarding Principal/House Parents who are responsible for monitoring their all–round development in every field.
4. All the students must be out of their beds immediately after the reveille/rising bell is rung.
5. Students of class 6th onwards have to make their own beds. Students of classes 5th and below will be assisted by an attendant. Students must switch off the fans and lights before leaving their rooms.
6. All students have to polish their own shoes and maintain their cupboard and rooms in a neat and tidy fashion. The student must report in writing to the house parent/Hostel Supervisor if any carpentry/electrical repair has to be done in their rooms.
7. Morning activities and other school activities are compulsory for all the boarders except if excused on medical ground. In Medical cases the certificate of Resident Medical Officer is a MUST.
8. The hostel building is out of bound during school hours. If for some reason a boarder is required to go to the boarding house he/she has to have a permission slip from concerned teacher/Resident Medical Officer.
9. Students must obey to the Hostel Staff/ teachers at all times.
10. On weekdays parents are not allowed to visit their wards except in case of an emergency.
11. Students have to follow the dress code strictly as per the occasion/ timings.
12. Moving out of campus without permission, skipping meals, not reporting on time is strictly prohibited.
13. No day boarders are permitted to go to the boarding house without the permission of Boarding Head.
14. Visitors are not permitted to go to the rooms. They will be seated in the lobby/ visitors room.
15. Borrowing and lending of personal items is strictly prohibited.
16. Any type of sexual behavior will not be tolerated at all. It may lead to the expulsion of your child.
17. Littering/use of graffiti is strictly prohibited.
18. No student is permitted to take anything belong to any other student, or assign any work to anyone.
19. School can check student’s personal belongings if required.
20. A high level of personal hygiene must be maintained at all times.
21. Boys and girls must dress decently. Low waist jeans/trousers/three-fourths will not be allowed. Girls will not be allowed to wear shorts, tight, sleeveless and low neck-line tops with their jeans/trousers. Make-up and mini skirts for the girls are not allowed. Students will not be allowed in the refectory in shorts. Shorts can be worn by the students only during games and in their respective hostel rooms.
22. Boarders are not permitted to keep any Tuck/Eatables (except home made eatables and dry fruits) in their rooms as we are providing the tuck shop facility to them, which is kept open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. We also take care of their health status by providing a balanced diet.
23. Boarders are not permitted to keep I-pods, mobiles, gameboys, playstations any CASH / VALUABLE jewellery (other than small studs for girls as earrings). Cash and expensive items are banned. If found, these will be confiscated. The school will not be held responsible for the loss of any of these items.
24. Boarders are not permitted to bring any ELECTRICAL gadgets to the School and tampering with Electrical installation is strictly forbidden.
25. While the House Staff carry out routine inspection of cupboards/rooms, it is not humanly possible for them to search the many places where things can be hidden. If a parent gives unauthorized goods then they are doing so at their own risk. Unauthorized CASH/ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES can lead to mishaps/accidents. These appliances will be confiscated and locked away till the end of the term.
26. Any Letter/Parcel belongs to a particular student will be checked by hostel staff first and only after that the same will be handed over to the student.
27. While the school takes every precaution, the school cannot be held responsible for accidents/mishaps that may occur due to unforeseen circumstances, violation of school rules or breach of common sense on the part of a child and in spite of the best course of action taken by the school.
28. In case of illness the Head of the Boarding/House Parent will inform the parent. There is no need for any parent to panic and come to the School. We have the means to ensure that the child gets treatment from a qualified doctor, and in case of a serious illness only then the School will tell the parent to come.
29. Any health problem of the child should be informed to the school immediately.
30. Parents are not permitted to give any medicines to the child directly. If the child is on some medication, special diet or supplement recommended by the doctor, it can be allowed provided your doctor’s recommendation letter is given to the head of boarding for the same. Any non-adherence to the above will lead to the expulsion of your child. Students wearing/using spectacles must have at least two pairs with them along with their card which specifies the number.
31. It would help the child if the parents inform the School of any unusual problem in the family like – Estrangement, Divorce, Property dispute etc.
32. Only those relatives whose name features in the Visitors’ List/Local Guardian can meet the children.
BORADING TELEPHONE RULES
1. Mobile / Personal Wireless Phones are strictly prohibited in the school premises.
2. Calling up your child will be allowed from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm only.
3. For outgoing calls we have introduced a P.C.O. facility for the students. Students can make outgoing calls as per their schedule on payment basis.
4. Although the facility of incoming calls to your ward has been provided on a daily basis, we request the parents to avoid calling children on week days except on birthday or special occasion as it makes them more homesick. It will hamper his/her adjustment behavior in new surroundings. Sometimes a child who is coping well suffers from many emotional problems after hearing from his/her parents.
5. In case of any emergency parents can call up the Head of the Boarding or Principal if need be.
LEAVE RULES FOR THE BOARDERs
1. No student will be allowed to accompany their friends and stay with them at their homes on the weekends or for any vacations. Parents and local guardians must make arrangements to collect and drop their children.
2. It is essential that a leave application is given by the parent and a gate pass procured before taking the child out. The application is to be given to the concerned House parent with the recommendation of the Head of Boarding.
3. After the exit weekend/permitted leave, the student must report to the house parent on returning to the school on the scheduled day and time. Student will be fined Rs. 1000/- per day for late coming.
4. If there is no official function or any other involvement in some School activity, boarding students will be given the last weekend of the month as the exit weekend. Please arrange and plan functions, medical tests etc. accordingly and avoid requests on other weekends. Students must leave on Friday by evening and return to school by Sunday 8:00 pm. No student will be allowed to leave the campus unescorted. Students leaving the campus with the relatives/drivers/friends or any other person other than the parent must have an Authority Letter duly signed by the parent taking responsibility for their children to accompany the concerned person. The student must collect the security pass from the hostel warden only.